Re: set window size on init

From: despen
Subject: Re: set window size on init
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:39:16 -0500

Xah Lee <xahlee@gmail.com> writes:

> i have, at the end of my .emacs this code:
>
> ; set window size to 100x58 chars.
> (set-frame-size (selected-frame) 100 58)
>
> however, it doesn't work.
> But eval-region the code itself would work.
>
> Anyone know why's that?

I don't think you have a "selected-frame" while
.emacs is being read.

I don't see that in the documentation but under
.emacs processing, it says it reads terminal specific
stuff after it reads the .emacs:

"Emacs runs the hook term-setup-hook at the end of initialization, after
both your `.emacs' file and any terminal-specific library have been read
in."