Re: Open a info file manually

From: Dmitry Dzhus
Subject: Re: Open a info file manually
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:10:40 +0300

ibear wrote:
> I use Emacs 23.1
>
> I want to open a info file somewhere, and Google result is I can use the
> bind key "c-u c-h i"

Indeed. `C-h i` is a default keybinding for `info` function which
invokes an Info browser. When this function is called with prefix
argument using `C-u C-h i`, a file name is read from the minibuffer.

> But I also will know whether there is a function do the same work?

If you mean doing this from your Emacs Lisp code,
(info "/path/to/file.info") should do the work.
--
Happy Hacking.

http://sphinx.net.ru