Re: print with DejaVu font from emacs

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: print with DejaVu font from emacs
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 00:10:33 +0100

Am 11.11.2009 um 22:43 schrieb harven:

Finally, when I open
the file on a computer which does not have the DejaVu fonts, the "postscript" correctly displays the text with the DejaVu fonts. So what do you think ?

Cairo obviously has expanded PostScript use remarkably. It is embedding the TT font (large number of glyphs), as it should, and it seems to create one or more arbitrary encodings to encode just the characters used. Clever! (Could you send me privately this PS file? You don't need to print anything, lprm will remove anything from the queue.)

BTW, Am I wrong, or emacs23 now depends on cairo for 2D display ?

I cannot explain a thing on this issue, but I can tell that Cairo is part of GNOME/GTK – and nowhere in GNU Emacs code some Cairo function is used. So it's some part of GTK which needs Cairo functions.

--
Greetings

  Pete

                                – Schopenhauer