Re: AltGr with Emacs 23 on OSX and German keyboard

From: Stefan Kamphausen
Subject: Re: AltGr with Emacs 23 on OSX and German keyboard
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 11:27:56 +0100

Hi Peter,

> Am 13.11.2009 um 10:06 schrieb Stefan Kamphausen:
>
>> Does anyone in this group have a solution, an url or an idea?
>

> The xmodmap utility will show you the keys defined and the X modifiers
> set. In a file ~/.xmodmaprc you can change settings and  load it into
> xmodmap as a statement in ~/.xinitrc when X11 is  launched ("xmodmap
> ${HOME}/.xmodmaprc").
[...]

Thanks for that input, I'been carrying a full xmodmap around for years
on various Linux-systems.

However, I'm under the impression that X11 is nur running.  I compiled
the native Cocoa-version of Emacs23 (or is Carbon the newer one?  Sorry
to be fuzzy here).

> The utility xev can give you exact information about a key and X
> modifiers.

Can I just launch X11 and then use xev to examine the keycodes?  Will
that in any way reflect the situation of the native programs?

Regards,
Stefan
--
Stefan Kamphausen --- http://www.skamphausen.de
a blessed +42 regexp of confusion (weapon in hand)