Re: AltGr with Emacs 23 on OSX and German keyboard

From: Stefan Kamphausen
Subject: Re: AltGr with Emacs 23 on OSX and German keyboard
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 15:28:54 +0100

Hi Peter,

thanks for stepping up.

> Am 13.11.2009 um 11:27 schrieb Stefan Kamphausen:
>
>> However, I'm under the impression that X11 is nur running.  I compiled
>> the native Cocoa-version of Emacs23 (or is Carbon the newer one?
>> Sorry
>> to be fuzzy here).
>
> Could you be a bit more specific? You could describe the way you
> launch that application – or copy a bit from the buffer which is
> created when you choose "Send Bug Report…" from the Help menu. BTW,
> is this Help menu in Emacs' frame or in the  menu bar? The X clients
> can't "delegate" the menu-bar...

the weekend is just a few hours away and I think I'll be near that
machine again on saturday night.  If you allow, I would contact you
directly via email and, if some solution comes up, post that here later
(just to avoid noise).  Of course I will wait for your thumbs up before
doing so.

>>  Will that in any way reflect the situation of the native programs?
>

> No. You could try to create your own keyboard layout. See for example
> http://wiki.neo-layout.org/browser/mac_osx/ or http://www.sil.org/
> computing/catalog/show_software.asp?id=94. Surely there are more
> tools to edit the keyboard layout, which is very easy in Mac OS X.
> You might need Peter Maurer's Key Codes application: http://
> www.manytricks.com/keycodes to determine the Mac OS X key codes.

I hope I'll find something valuable there.

Good, that this is an emacs-centric group whereas all the posts I read
were from osx-related sites.  I seem to find little valuable information
on those.

Kind regards,
Stefan
--
Stefan Kamphausen --- http://www.skamphausen.de
a blessed +42 regexp of confusion (weapon in hand)