Re: g-client does not show the reading list

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: g-client does not show the reading list
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 12:39:29 +1100

Soichi Ishida <zau_777_emacs@kki.biglobe.ne.jp> writes:

> Ubuntu 8.04
> Emacs23
>
> I have recently installed g-client for Emacs, hoping that I can
> manipulate the Google reader.
>
> Unpackaged various things, the path should be OK because it can
> show the Google calendar.  But the reading list does not show up.
>
> After typing M-x greader-reading-list and the password, the window gets split
> in half
> and the upper part shows the "w3m" homepage and the lower part shows
> something peculiar...seems like HTML (or XML) having the buffer name
> as "g scratch".
>
> Could someone help me on this?
>
> Soichi

The bottom window has the html as retrieved from greader. Look at it and
see if it gives you some clues. I had a similar issue a while back, but
before I could diagnose what was wrong, it all started working after I
did an update from the svn repository.

Check that you can log directly into greader. I've also seen similar
issues when, for some reason, my google login stopped working for a few
days. As soon as I was able to login directly to greader from firefox, I
found the g client greader also worked again.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au