Re: file path in buffer name

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: file path in buffer name
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 14:38:47 -0500

matlantis <matlantis@gmx.de> writes:

    So what i need is a method to say emacs to make the buffer name
    looking like "CMakeLists.txt in <path>". Even better would be if
    <path> could be abbreviated to 30 characters, but thats not
    important.

    I have no experience in elisp programming, please can anybody
    explain to me, what to put in my .emacs file to give emacs the
    desired behavior?

I have

(require 'uniquify)
(setq uniquify-buffer-name-style 'forward)

in my dotemacs.  It gives me enough in buffer names to discern the
difference between two identically named files.

But see (info "(emacs) Uniquify")
                                 ^
                                  do C-x C-e here.