Re: Gnus slow with IMAP when changing ISP's

From: Nevo
Subject: Re: Gnus slow with IMAP when changing ISP's
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 15:36:05 +0800

2009/11/19 Damian <damian.only@gmail.com>
>> Actually, if I restart the whole emacs (restarting gnus won't help)
>> then everything is just fine. So I think it is an emacs related
>> problem.
>
> I also suffered from this occasionally (not constant) for both gmail and our
> private imap server ,it just hang everything sometime when I tried to check
> emails (M-g) until I killed the whole emacs, just exactly the same with what
> you've told here.  I've once checked the both GNUs log and emacs log, not
> finding anything (maybe I missed something else) . And trying to use
> "gnutls" tool to connect with imap server, it just returned immediately.  I
> believe "Thunderbird" is okay , though most of the time I'm using GNUS.

So could you solve the problm by using gnutls?

Did you only changed (nnimap-stream ssl) by (nnimap-stream tls), or
did you perform any additional tweaks?

No, I didnot solve this problem ,as I mentioned, it's not so constant . I only did some test by using "gnutls" to see if it's from server issue. You may wait to see anyone else having this constantly ,then we could have chance to figure it out.

Thanks,
Damian.