Re: Telnet Connection on Windows

From: Paul Heinrich Dietrich
Subject: Re: Telnet Connection on Windows
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 05:46:30 -0800 (PST)

Thank you for showing me something new.  Doing as you instructed allows me to
connect.  Once in, I did:

> ls -lt

...and succesfully looked at a directory, though all permissions displayed ?
and file sizes were set to 1.  Next, I tried to see what jobs I have
running:

> ps -ef | grep me

And it said:

servername: remshd: Login incorrect.
rsh: can't establish connection

I tried to run a SAS batch job (I have ESS, haven't got it working yet, and
wanted to at least be able to do things the way I do now with Telnet and
UltraEdit).  It gave the same reply:

 servername: remshd: Login incorrect.
rsh: can't establish connection

But it does still seem to have the connection, because

> ls

works.  Is there something else I need to do, or is there a Telnet method?
Many thanks for any feedback.