regexp/emacs selective replace

From: m121212
Subject: regexp/emacs selective replace
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 05:41:34 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I have a tricky problem that I'm not sure how to solve.  I have a latex
document with several figure environments that look like this:

\begin{figure}
 \includegraphics{blah.ps}
\end{figure}

but need to look like this:

\begin{figure}
  \begin{center} \includegraphics{blah.ps} \end{center}
\end{figure}

Some of the figure environments already have this however, and I don't want
to end up with something like this:

\begin{figure}
  \begin{center}\begin{center} \includegraphics{blah.ps}
\end{center}\end{center}
\end{figure}

Any ideas?   Also, is there a way Emacs can just wrap any selection with
custom, predefined tags?

thanks,
m121212