Re: Remove all directory listings buffers

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Remove all directory listings buffers
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 13:13:25 +0100

rotlas <katofa@gmail.com> writes:

> I often end up with lots of directory buffers (those buffers with "dired by
> name" mode), after navigating in the filesystem in order to open files. Is
> there an easy way to get rid of all those buffers at once, and leaving the
> other?

You could write a little emacs command to do that, but it should also
be easy enough to use:

C-x C-b   (or M-x list-buffers RET)

In the buffer list, you can mark buffers for killing with d (and move
down and up with n and p).  When you're done, type x to execute the
orders.

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__