Re: Remove all directory listings buffers

From: David Hodge
Subject: Re: Remove all directory listings buffers
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 09:13:05 +0800

Hi,

I  use something called tempbuf mode which silently deletes
unused buffers after applying some heuristics, all I do in my .emacs is

(require 'tempbuf)
(add-hook 'dired-mode-hook 'tempbuf-mode)

The upside is that I apply this to other buffers - info, woman etc - and
they expire nicely without intervention.

Very occasionally, a buffer gets expired when I want to use it , but its
no big deal to repeat the dired when that hapens.

I have used it for years and it still works pretty well

HTH