Maildir folder nnmaildir problem

From: Rthoreau
Subject: Maildir folder nnmaildir problem
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 11:30:30 -0800 (PST)

I am having a problem getting Emacs and Gnus configured to let me read
mail
with nnmaildir and a Maildir mail box.

I am using Opensuse with Emacs 23.1.1 for X86_64 I already have
fetchmail
setup, as well as msmtp. I can send mail with gnus, and my Maildir has
messages in it from receiving it from fetchmail. It goes something
like
described below.

Fetchmail ---> Procmail ---> Maildir

Outgoing works great something like this.

Gnus ---> msmtp ---> world

Of course emacswiki, and a group search has so far not given me an
answer.
Below is what is written in the message area and tells me that my Gnus
server
cannot open Maildir. I also tried to copy a message into a new group
and it
would not allow me to do it.
--------
Opening nnmaildir server on Maildir...failed
No such group: nnmaildir+mymailbox:test.  Create it? (y or n)
gnus-read-move-group-name: Couldn't create group nnmaildir
+mymailbox:test
Auto-saving...
Quit
Couldn't open Maildir
-------
This was taken from emacswiki for the procmail setup, which shows my
gnus.el
file. I have tried to modify it a few times by changing the name of
"mymailbox"
to something else but I still have the same problem.
------
;;; nnmaildir procmail settings
(setq

        gnus-select-method '(nnmaildir "mymailbox" (directory "~/
Maildir/"))
        mail-sources '((maildir :path "~/Maildir/" :subdirs ("cur"
"new")))
        mail-source-delete-incoming t
 )
 (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods nil)
 (setq gnus-message-archive-group "nnmaildir+mymailbox:outbox")
;;;
------
I also have this in my gnus server buffer.
  {nnfolder:archive} (opened)

No where in my .init.el, or gnus.el files do I have any setting set
for
nnfolder.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Rthoreau