Re: Relating Symbols

From: harven
Subject: Re: Relating Symbols
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 15:25:00 +0100

pjb@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon) writes:

> Nordlöw <per.nordlow@gmail.com> writes:

> Use the source!
>
> Same as your previous function.  Do you think we remember all these
> answers?  It's always the same thing. You want something about
> next-error, ok, C-h f next-error RET C-x o TAB RET and read the
> source!

I recently used a linux debian system and it seems that the elisp
sources are not shipped with a standard install on this distribution.
In fact there are only compiled .elc files on the system. This is a
pity IMHO.

I can grab the .el files from the emacs site, but I'm not sure where
to put them, so that they become available through the help bindings.
Besides that, they probably will be wipped out by the next automatic
upgrade.

Any solution to recover the sources, without recompiling everything ?