Centering Text Display in Carbon Emacs if Only One Buffer is Open?

From: Nocebic Meme
Subject: Centering Text Display in Carbon Emacs if Only One Buffer is Open?
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 18:15:32 -0800 (PST)

I was wondering if there is a way to center the text displayed in
carbon emacs.  I've added this to my .emacs file:

(setq-default fill-column 66)
(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill)

But with my font size, it leaves a lot of blank space on the right
hand side of the screen where the text wraps.  Is there any way to
have emacs put the text in the center of the screen for a more