Re: Compilation Message Presentation

From: Nordlöw
Subject: Re: Compilation Message Presentation
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 08:25:05 -0800 (PST)

I mean in a more elaborate way, by highlighting all messages at the
same tim but in different colors (green, yellow, orange, red, etc.)
either with underlining overlays or using the fringe. Most other IDEs
does this and I find its presentation a bit more grasping than Emacs
default 1-second flashing.

Couldn't we also highlight the code in the grep buffer using indirect
buffers or buffer-substring() as soon as the grep-hit-file is opened
and font-locked?

Another question: Why isn't font-locking cached if I reopen a file
that hasn't been modified since last time I opened with font-locking?
If I would like to implement such a feature could we extract the font-
locking-attributes from a file and save it separately?

/Nordlöw