Re: Tracking Emacs Development (was: Fullscreen Mode, Emacs 23 and OS X)

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Tracking Emacs Development (was: Fullscreen Mode, Emacs 23 and OS X)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 10:32:44 +0100

Am 07.12.2009 um 03:27 schrieb Steve Revilak:

What is the best way to follow emacs development?  Just check out the
trunk [1] and rebuild on a regular basis?

Yes, and also trying to compile the sources differently to see how robust they are. I am using libraries from Fink and from MacPorts and see (or better: saw on Tiger, on Leopard I haven't had the opportunity yet to compile GNU Emacs) differences.

Are there incremental branches done between release versions?

GNU Emacs versions are released...

--
Greetings

  Pete