Re: Visual-bell on OSX (Snow Leopard) / cvs head version bug

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: Re: Visual-bell on OSX (Snow Leopard) / cvs head version bug
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 10:13:50 -0600

*bump* ... No one?

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 9:12 PM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello list,

I just compiled emacs enabling carbon support  (GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.1.1, NS apple-appkit-1038.11) of 2009-12-05) and while everything seemed to work fine, the visual-bell feature is not working well. I migrated all my elisp scripts from my legacy ubuntu machine and all of them are loading fine :), however, the visual-bell is rendering a ~100x100 square on the center of the emacs window, instead of rendering the usual belts on the bottom and top of the emacs window.  For now, I just disabled this feature, but I'd like to know if anyone knows why this happens and how I could possibly fix it.

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo.