Not all buffers shown in "Buffers" menu bar item

From: bostjanv
Subject: Not all buffers shown in "Buffers" menu bar item
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 01:35:54 -0800 (PST)

Hello,
I'm using emacs 23.1 on Ubuntu 9.10 and I noticed that not all buffers are
listed when menu bar item "Buffers" is clicked. To get all buffers one has
to select "List all buffers" (C-x C-b) option in the "Buffers" menu bar
item. For example, when I enter the command
    emacsclient --no-wait <file 1> <file 2>
only <file 1> appears on the Buffers list while <file 2> is listed only when
"LIst all buffers" is clicked. I may add that i've noticed this behavior on
other systems as well (not only Ubuntu). Can someone, please, describe the
rule according to which a buffer is included in the "Buffers" list?
Regards,
bostjanv