Re: Best way to type arabic in emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Best way to type arabic in emacs
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 00:42:51 -0500

> From: Enrico Schwass <ennoausberlin@mac.com>
> Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 22:39:21 +0100
>
> can emacs cvs handle arabic characters?

Yes, but it doesn't yet support bidirectional editing and display.

> So far I can only see single characters.  How can I switch to RTL?

You can't, not just yet.  Work is under way to add support for UAX#9
features, but it is not yet in the repository, and even when it will
be, it's a long way from being complete or even anywhere near that.

Volunteers are welcome to join the effort (followup on
emacs-devel@gnu.org, if you want to volunteer).