Re: Stripping HTTP headers from an HTTP response?

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Stripping HTTP headers from an HTTP response?
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 08:50:29 +1100

Klaus Straubinger <KSNetz@UseNet.ArcorNews.DE> writes:

> Elena <egarrulo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'd like to get some HTML documents via HTTP for processing.
>
> url-insert-file-contents is a good function to use for that purpose,
> probably in a temporary buffer.
>
> For interactive use, you could also try browse-url-emacs.
>
>> Should I just strip lines until the first empty one
>
> This works, too.

There is also wget.el, which provides an interface to wget, which will
work through a proxy. However, from memory (which is a bit rusty), I
seem to remember there was either a function in url.el which would
either strip the headers or return the contents without headers. Check
for optional arguments on some of the functions. There is also an
interface to curl for emacs.

Another place to get some ideas would be the sources to emacs w3.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au