Re: Using Emacs Lisp for script writing

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: Using Emacs Lisp for script writing
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:24:10 -0500

Cecil Westerhof wrote:
I already use 'emacs -batch' for scripting where no user input is used,
but I would like to use it also for interactive scripting. Until now I
did not find any usable information about this. Anybody using Emacs for
interactive scripts?

I use clisp for all scripting, interactive and not.
Common Lisp is more powerful than Emacs Lisp and clisp is faster than emacs.

Also I use three evals. One to define the function, one to compile it
and one to call it. Can this be done better?

yes. you do not need any evals.
you put your function into a file, byte-compile the file, and then load the file and call the function from the command line.