Re: sudo command with minibuffer password prompt

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: sudo command with minibuffer password prompt
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:15:14 +0100

Nordlöw <per.nordlow@gmail.com> writes:

>> Then run "sudo apt-get install" from the *shell* buffer.  You should
>> get a password prompt in the minibuffer.
>
> Nice1
>
> But I still need to solve this programmatically in a lisp program.
> I'll take a look at eshell and see if I can script it using eshell-
> functions.

In the case of M-x shell, it's comint that's working, and there must
be some comint filter installed  by shell.  Having a look at that code
should allow you to learn how to do it programmatically.

Of course, an alternative would be to see how tramp does it, and do it
that way.

Use the source, Luke!

--
__Pascal Bourguignon__