Compile regular expression

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: Compile regular expression
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 11:31:42 +0100

I am working with CL at the moment. When you compile a regular
expression in CL, the program is about 4 times as fast. This program is
a translation of something I first wrote in elisp. So I was wondering if
I could get the same advantage in my elisp code. But I could find
nothing to compile a regular expression. Is this true, or am I not
looking correctly?

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer