Re: Emacs as Address Book?

From: Steve Revilak
Subject: Re: Emacs as Address Book?
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 07:08:44 -0500

On 2009-12-23 00:20 +0000, Steve Revilak wrote:
A few months ago, I began using org-mode for general calendaring.
Lately, I've been wondering about address book applications for emacs.

Do any of you use emacs as an address book?  What package(s) do you
recommend?

I've seen the Address Book package on Savannah, but the project's
download area is an empty directory.  bbdb seems like a reasonable
contender.

leo> BBDB

timx> I use bbdb and have been for a long time. I find it works really
timx> well.  The other nice thing about bbdb is that org has
timx> integration with bbdb, which means you an embed bbdb links into
timx> your org documents/files

Leo and Tim,

Thanks for responding.  I'll take a look at bbdb.

Steve