Re: underline-line

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: underline-line
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 16:32:30 +0100

Cecil Westerhof <Cecil@decebal.nl> writes:

> There is a problem with tabs as seen here:

There should be no problem with tabs, because there should be not tab
in text files.

The only place where prefix tabs are allowed, for historical reasons
is in Makefile.

And since alot of people are switching to things such as ant, perhaps
we could have a big switch over to spaces.  It would be enough that
the few make providers agree on a date and provide a script to convert
tab-makefiles to space-makefiles along with a new version of make.

Such switch overs have been done for more complex things than Makefiles...

neither do we. -- Georges W. Bush