testing configuration

From: andrea
Subject: testing configuration
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 18:01:03 +0100

I was wondering if it would be possible to automatically check if my
emacs configuration is correct.
This can be then put in a post-commit hook to check that whenever I add
some new features or change I don't mess up somethin else

I would only need to:
- load my whole configuration
- exit and returns 0 if everything goes fine, returns another number
otherwise.

Any ideas?

I can already launch a new emacs with certain conf, but how can I get a
return value?