Re: bzr emacs

From: Stefan Husmann
Subject: Re: bzr emacs
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 09:40:30 +0100

Am 29.12.2009 03:38, schrieb Cena Mayo:
On Dec 28, 5:54 pm, Óscar Fuentes<o...@wanadoo.es>  wrote:
Cena  Mayo<cenaz...@gmail.com>  writes:

How do I start emacs?  'emacs' doesn't work at the command line.
(Using Gentoo linux.)

After the build, the emacs executable is in the src/ subdirectory. You
can execute it from there.

If you want to execute emacs as any other application, install it with

sudo make install

This is explained on the emacs INSTALL and/or README files.

--
Óscar
Oscar,

Thanks for your reply.  However,  I did follow the INSTALL.BZR file
for installation instructions. (Including doing a make install.)
Going into the /src directory still generates an 'emacs: command not
found' error.

Hello,

is /usr/local/bin in your PATH, ordid you give another target directory
in the make install step?

Stefan