Re: Spell checking too slow on Emacs.app

From: Leo
Subject: Re: Spell checking too slow on Emacs.app
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 18:16:40 +0000

On 2009-12-29 16:57 +0000, Tom Dye wrote:
> Did this problem find a solution? emacs 22 on OS X has a speedy spell
> check. emacs 23 on OS X has a slooow spell check. Aspell takes minutes
> between words and ispell (from MacPorts) takes several times longer
> than aspell did under emacs 22.
>
> All the best,
> Tom

I doubt that.

The problem with ns port is that there is only one major developer for
it - Adrian Robert. And unfortunately it is not as solid as on
GNU/Linux. I usually try to find a workaround while waiting for a fix.
For spellings, I disable flyspell mode and call ispell-buffer maybe once
in a month. This is far from ideal though.

Leo