Modifying an existing input method in Emacs for Faroese keyboard input

From: Gunnar Vestergaard
Subject: Modifying an existing input method in Emacs for Faroese keyboard input
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 18:14:14 +0100

I was searching for at solution that could provide me a Faroese input method for use in Emacs 23.1.1. That is what I want.

The faroese-keyboard input method does not exist in Emacs 21.1.1. It will be necessary to use a modified version of the Danish-keyboard. The Danish keyboard is mostly similar to Faroese keyboard. Only two keys differ, one of which is a dead key for typing a vowel with acute, the other is the Eth letter.

Can you provide instructions for manually copying and modifying a keyboard layout for use in Emacs?

I use Emacs on the Cygwin/x platform for M$ Windows.

Thanks for your time.

Gunnar Vestergaard