Copy/Paste from console emacs client

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Copy/Paste from console emacs client
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 05:43:21 +0100

OK, <deep breath>, I've been trying to get some half sensible cut/paste
going with emacs (x and console) and other apps.

The one that has me stumped is uing M-w to copy in console emacs - why
can than not be made the primary and clipboard X contents if X is
running? The issue is that the interprogram cut function calls
x-select-text which determines that the emacs frame is not X and
therefore does not set the X buckets.

Is there an easy way around this? It seems (to me who is tired and
confused) that it would be better to just set the X buckets if X is
running, not if the emacs itself is an x frame.

(I am running emacsclient -nw in urxvt)

regards

r.