Re: Change in splitting from emacs 22/gnus 5.11 and emacs 23/gnus 5.13?

From: Frank Fredstone
Subject: Re: Change in splitting from emacs 22/gnus 5.11 and emacs 23/gnus 5.13?
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 13:24:16 -0800

> On Wed, Jan 06 2010, Frank Fredstone wrote:
>
>> (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
>>           '((nnml "mail")
>>                 (nnimap "asdf" [...]
>
>> I use fetchmail and exim which put email in /var/spool/user. Dovecot
>> stores INBOX in that same file, the mbox file. For other folders it
>> stores to maildir files.
>>
>> This worked fine with emacs 22 and gnus. Now, with emacs 23.1, when I
>> start gnus, with nnimap-split-inbox unset, the messages that were in
>> the mbox file are moved to nnml+mail:inbox. The result is that my
>> imap inbox is empty, and the mbox file is empty.
>>
>> Do you know what I can do to have it not move me email?
>
> Remove '(file) from `mail-sources'.

Actually, I have mail-sources unset, so it's nil.

I have also tried removing (nnml "mail") from
gnus-secondary-select-methods, and I've also tried changing it to
(nnml "mail" (nnml-get-new-mail nil)). Either of those changes results
in my IMAP inbox being empty, and teh email disappears (it's in an
Incoming... file).

I have also tried adding:

(setq nnmail-spool-file '("/var/mail/empty"))

where /var/mail/empty is an empty file, and it still empties my IMAP inbox.