Re: Help

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: Re: Help
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:57:12 +0100

"Rhey, David" <drhey@umich.edu> writes:

> There is a list of things that comes before this error, and a small suggestion
> to run ??debug-init? after it. I?ve been working on this off and on for awhile
> now, but haven?t made any breakthroughs. Any help or insight would be most
> appreciated.

What I always find useful when debugging -and that is what you need to
do- is commenting things out.
I just would comment almost everything out and then start Emacs. If it
goes alright, there is no problem with that. Then uncomment something,
etc. When you know which code gives the problem, it is easier to solve.
And if you can not solve it, you can 'exactly' tell what the problem is
and it is easier for the people here to solve it.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer