Issues with the logo in the initial screen

From: Juanjo Marin
Subject: Issues with the logo in the initial screen
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 22:27:22 +0100

Hi,

I'm new on emacs and I've realised that the initial screen, the *GNU
Emacs* buffer, is displayed in diferent ways on different computers. It
is sensible in most of the cases, but I don't understand why the logo is
not always shown (of course, I'm not talking about the console version).
I've realised of that when I tried emacs on my netbook. After some
trial-and-error I noticed that the presence of the logo depends on the
size of the fonts and the size of the screen.

Some examples of this:

14" laptop:
with emacs -fn "Inconsolata Bold 15" or bigger size the logo is not
shown, but it is shown with 14 or smaller

8.9" netbook
with emacs -fn "Inconsolata Bold 9" or bigger size the logo is not
shown, but it is shown with 8 or smaller

I'm using emacs GNU Emacs 23.1.1 on Ubuntu 9.10

I want to know if it is a bug in order to send a message to the bug
list.

TIA,

  -- Juanjo MarĂ­n

PS: Please don't forget to CC me when replying to this message because
I'm not on the list !