gnus is not showing all my messages

From: evan
Subject: gnus is not showing all my messages
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 09:33:04 -0800 (PST)

Hello all,

I configured gnus v5.13 for reading my email (imap) but it looks like
it's not showing all the messages from my inbox. I can only see the
very oldest message and a few recent ones, even after I run gnus-
summary-insert-old-articles. I can see through the webmail and
thunderbird that there are more messages in my inbox. Also, it seems
to show all the messages in my INBOX.sent-mail folder and in another
folder which I checked, so I believe that the problem is only with the
INBOX folder. I would appreciate if you have any suggestions to make
gnus show all the messages from  my inbox. I looked in this group and
elsewhere but I couldn't find any help.

Thanks.