Re: gnus is not showing all my messages

From: evan
Subject: Re: gnus is not showing all my messages
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 02:50:15 -0800 (PST)

Hello, Thanks for your reply.

Let me say that I don't have any unread emails in my inbox so when I
hit either Return or Space in the Group buffer I get the message
"How many articles from INBOX (defauly 274):" (I am aware that 274 is
not the actual number of my messages but a scoring) and then I hit
Return.  In the Summary buffer gnus shows me only 8 messages out of
80.

I also tried the gnus-topic-select-group function. I ran  (gnus-topic-
select-group -200), for example, but that shows me only the very first
message while (gnus-topic-select-group 7) shows me the last 4.