Re: Exchange servers and Gnus

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Exchange servers and Gnus
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 08:26:23 -0600

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 02:12:49 +0000 "Paulo J. Matos" <pocmatos@gmail.com> wrote:

PJM> On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 12:32 AM, Herbert J. Skuhra <h.skuhra@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> At Sat, 16 Jan 2010 00:21:55 +0000,
>> Paulo J. Matos wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Is there any way to use Gnus with an exchange server?
>>> I tried to search online but got no solution.
>>
>> It should work if you enable POP3 and IMAP4 on the exchange server...
>>

PJM> It's my employers exchange server, I don't think I have a way to do
that... :-/
PJM> Shall I assume that gnus doesn't connect to exchange servers natively?

There is no native Exchange support in Gnus and I don't expect it in the
future.  The IMAP support is all right and there's
imap-enable-exchange-bug-workaround in imap.el to fix one particular
Exchange bug.  I personally use Exchange as a mail source only and keep
everything in a local Maildir :)

Ted