Re: Grab and yank

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Grab and yank
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 13:05:59 +0100

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 12:50 PM, Andrea Crotti
<andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 10:31 PM, andrea <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I thought it was a good idea so I just added something like it to
>> ourcomments-util.el. See the function ourcomments-set-paste-point
>> there.
>>
>> You can find it in the nXhtml repository. (See EmacsWiki if you do not
>> know where it is.)
>
> Ok I found it here
> http://tinyurl.com/yzrt26b
> and looks really nice, thanks.
>
> Is it maybe possible to have a single commands that
> - sets the point to where I am
> - find a buffer and for me to select something
> - bury it and paste when it's done

I think it is best keeping it separate so you can find the other
buffer any way you want to.

I doubt it is a good thing to make it too specialized. Maybe restoing
window configuration could be an option?

> It's very close to what I would like already anyway, I can also try to
> adapt it...
>
> By the way is not my own business, but I see there are many nice things
> in that file, and they don't have so much to do with a xml mode in
> general.
> Why don't make them part of something more generic somehow?

Because I do not have time for it then. Keeping it all in one bundle
is more simple.

I would like a package manager that could keep track of
interdependencies instead, but sofar no one else have been interested
really. I suggested a solution with web download of elisp files as you
need them which I think is what is needed. (It is implemented as part
of nXhtml too ;-) ... )