Re: no completion using anything-find-file

From: Glauber Alex Dias Prado
Subject: Re: no completion using anything-find-file
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 16:36:01 -0200

Daniel Goldin <danielgoldin@gmail.com> writes:

> Started to use anything-find-files per recommendation on this list but
> am frustrated that I can't do file or dir completion. Is there a way
> to turn this on? Thanks.
By completion do you mean in-buffer completion for files?(if so then
anything-find-file will not work as it is an alternative to
find-file). Otherwise you can search for pattern on minibuffer, by
default anything-find-file will be on your home dir ~/ lets suppose you
want to open a document on ~/Desktop you can type for instance skt on
minibuffer and ~/Desktop will appear as a candidate, if you hit TAB you
will be inside your ~/Desktop directory now. lets suppose your document
is called document.txt, you start typing txt on minibuffer, document.txt
will appear as one candidate and as soon as you put the anything bar
over it and hit enter you will open it, i think this explains how it
should work.