Initializing buffer with find-file versus with scratch pad ?!?

From: William Case
Subject: Initializing buffer with find-file versus with scratch pad ?!?
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 12:11:33 -0500

What I want to do in either my custom.el file or my emacs.el file is
instruct emacs to open with the 'find-file foo' showing or if there is
no find-file, open with 'scratch pad' showing.

That should be simple enough.  I have the following set in my custom.el

 '(inhibit-startup-screen t)
 '(initial-buffer-choice t)
 '(initial-scratch-message "")

However, if I select a file through Nautilus and right click "open with
emacs" emacs opens with the correct file in a buffer, but never showing
as the viewable or top buffer. When a file has been selected before
opening emacs I want that file/buffer to show immediately as the primary
buffer.

I have screwed around with this for a couple of hours now, checked the
info file and the emacs wiki.  I am probably use the wrong key word or
variable name in my search.

An suggestion as to how to set this up or a pointer to the correct
function(s) or variable(s) would be helpful.
--
Regards Bill
Fedora 12, Gnome 2.28