Go to my CWD!

From: Andrea Crotti
Subject: Go to my CWD!
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:44:33 +0100

Whenever I have a shell or another interpreter of course they keep
they're own current directory, which is given from the first time I've
launched them.

But if I for example call
M-x shell
again it means that I want the shell in the directory of the current
buffer, not that old forgotten position.

That's also true for python interpreter or any other interpreter, is
there a way to solve this problem automatically?

Maybe a second call should kill and restart instead of visiting the
already open?