Re: Change modifier keys

From: rustom
Subject: Re: Change modifier keys
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 20:15:10 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 28, 9:36 pm, Brandon Waskiewicz <brandon.waskiew...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Would anyone familiar with the emacs' source be willing to help me create a
> patch that changes the ALT key on standard PC keyboards to function as if it
> were CONTROL? I started tracing back from mac-command-modifier to try and
> find something either more cross-platform, or at least applicable to Linux,
> but I had no luck.
>
> Thanks,
> Brandon

[Assuming a debian-like  (ubuntu?) system and gnome]
I was playing around with this yesterday and you may want to look at
System -> Preferences -> keyboard (not keyboard shortcuts) -> layouts -
> layout options
though exactly what you want is not there as far as I can see.

I also have a similar question:
I would like to swap control and capslock
I can do this and it works, however the keyboard capslock light
behaves as though this change is not made and is therefore misleading