Re: emacs build broken?

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: emacs build broken?
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 17:00:17 +1100

rustom <rustompmody@gmail.com> writes:

> On Jan 29, 9:50 am, rustom <rustompm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 28, 1:50 pm, José A. Romero L. <escherdra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > (...)
>>
>> > Didn't emacs move to bazaar for good? (http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/
>> > BzrForEmacsDevs)
>> (...)
>> If we stuck around with things like cvs a bit longer the other part of
>> the acronym will also become true (GNU = Generally Not Used)
>> He also (seehttp://johnbokma.com/mexit/2008/04/16/)
>
> Ok so
>
> http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/trunk/files
>
> seems broken
>
> I wonder which is worse and antediluvian cvs or a broken bzr?

I've pulled down the emacs bzr repository both today and yesterday
on different machines (i.e. full/heave bzr checkout) and it works fine.

Note that the URL for the bzr checkout is

http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/emacs/trunk/

while

http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/trunk/

is the log head for browsing the repository, which may well be broken.
(the difference is /r/ in one and /lh/ in the other).

On both systems, emacs built without errors. The initial heavy checkout
does take a while i.e. 20+ minutes on a fairly fast conneciton. However,
after that, updates are quite fast.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au