Re: Load 'auto-save' error on startup

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Load 'auto-save' error on startup
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 18:22:09 -0700

Conrad Taylor wrote:
I'm getting the following error message when the init.el is loaded:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load file "auto-
save")

I'm using emacs 23.1.1 on Ubuntu 9.10.  Lastly, my issues began when
there was no sample.emacs or sample.init.el within the distribution
which
adds another level of confusion.  Thus, if anyone has any ideas as to
how
to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated.

There is no auto-save or autosave library distributed with Emacs.

Try starting emacs with the --debug-init option.

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA