Re: .emacs to .Xresources converter?

From: Tim Landscheidt
Subject: Re: .emacs to .Xresources converter?
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 12:38:18 +0000

pjb@informatimago.com (Pascal J. Bourguignon) wrote:

>> for many Emacs customizations there are corresponding X re-
>> sources (e. g. "tool-bar-mode" vs. "toolBar"). Looking up in
>> the documentation whether there exists such an equivalent,
>> looking up a potentially different syntax, etc. /can/ be
>> done manually - but there *must* already be a Lisp snippet
>> out there that does that in a realiable way :-). Any poin-
>> ters?

> You lost a good opportunity to have some fun:

>     http://paste.lisp.org/display/94218
> [...]

Thanks! I had to comment three unknown symbols in your code
(Emacs 23.1.1):

- "(screen-usable-area (current-frame))" (line #129)
- "top-toolbar" (line #214)
- "top-toolbar-height" (line #215)

Emacs barfed on:

| emacs*visualClass:         true-color

with the error message (that is lacking a newline :-)):

| emacs: Invalid visual specification `true-color'

"TrueColor-24" worked, with "24" being the result of
"(x-display-planes)".

  Rather unexpected:

| emacs*menuBar:             on

*dis*abled the menu bar; that is contrary to the manual. A
"1" worked fine.

  I still have to check the other results en detail.

  I would love to see that code packaged with the main dis-
tribution; any chance?

Tim