Re: Anything.el and completing directory names

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: Anything.el and completing directory names
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 15:42:37 +0100

John Bäckstrand <sopues@gmail.com> writes:

> I have installed anything.el, via auto-install-batch and it works
> seemingly fine. I get the anything completion buffer when I do either
> C-x C-f or C-x b. The problem is with C-x f, I can't actually complete
> using file- or directorynames. This is on win32 using patched
> emacsw32. I've also tried M-x anything, anything-for-files and
> anything-find-file and none of them seems to be able to complete
> directories. Not if I start with "c:/" nor "~/".
>
> Also, please point me to a better fora for anything.el if there is
> one.

There was a topic recently about that.(See archives of this list)

Assuming you are using anything-config.el use:
M-x anything-find-files ==> notice the "s"

To complete on directory names use C-z
To reach precedent level of directory use C-.

Don't forget to install anything-match-plugin.el (facultative but really
good).

It should work fine on Win32.(Though not fully tested for this platform).
Report here if something wrong.(or if you like it also ;-))
Thanks.

--
Thierry Volpiatto