Re: open file listed in a text file

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: open file listed in a text file
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 15:01:54 -0800

On Tuesday 09 February 2010 01:02 PM, Chitlesh Goorah wrote:
On Feb 9, 2:37�am, William Xu<william....@gmail.com>  wrote:
It seems that his file path includes an environment variable:

� $(SCRIPTS_HOME)/definitions.tcl

Vim is smart... �An elisp function may be needed to achieve that. �

I have full control over the env variable. Imagine it is set with a
sort of cshrc file.

I just learnt that even nedit can open that file with Ctrl-Y. Surely
emacs must have an equivalent.

I don't understand your problem, I just tried the same thing with a custom environment variable, and it worked.

`M-! file $ROOTSYS/build/version_number RET'

returns,

/home/suvayu/root/build/version_number: ASCII text

`M-x ffap' prompts me for,

Find file or URL: ~/root/build/version_number

and on `RET' opens the file showing its contents. Are you sure your environment is setup correctly?

Chitlesh

--
Suvayu