Re: [JAVA] set up java-mode to match Eclipse setup

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: [JAVA] set up java-mode to match Eclipse setup
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:41:58 +0100

Xavier Maillard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my coworkers are using Eclipse for several of projects. I do not
> like Eclipse and I'd rather want to stay in GNU Emacs. My main
> concern is that it seems Eclipse setup is quite different from my
> own java-mode setup. I think both of us are using default setup
> parameters -i.e. I did not customize it and the did not in
> Eclipse.
>
> How can we "match" our environments ? For example, C-S-f in
> Eclipse is like M-S-\ in Emacs but the result is quite different
> making us quite nervous when commiting ;) We want such things to
> be fixed either in my "IDE" or in theirs.
>
> Any idea ?
>
>       Xavier

Hi Xavier,

just had a look at Eclipse, didn't use it really. So with some reserve, as
being interested in too:

AFAIU Eclipse uses it's own editor, which may be steered with emacs-like keys.
Suppose you tried this.

Also editing within Eclipse with an extern editor should be possible. Vim
should work,
but Emacs should work too.

That way user has the choice - call from within Emacs helper-processes or call
from Eclipse.
The latter considered as a mere extension - an interesting one.

If working with Emacs from within Eclipse or not, you shouldn't notice it that
much...

Andreas