Re: GDB/MI doesn't work in GUD/GDB

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: GDB/MI doesn't work in GUD/GDB
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 10:06:19 +1300

Nordlöw writes:
 > I can't get GDB/MI support in gud in latest Emacs Bzr to work.
 > Shouldn't this be ready by now? How will my Emacs-GUD-GDB experience
 > when I get this to work?
 >
 > When I try using M-x gdb as "gdb -i=mi -f FILE"

M-x gdb in the bzr repository doesn't currently use MI so you must have old
files or edited the command line or customised gud-gdb-command-name.  I
reverted changes so that Emacs 23.2 will use annotations again.  This provides
reverse debugging and display of STL containers as watch expressions.  When
branches are made in the bzr repository, the MI stuff will go back on one of
these to allow concurrent development.  Long term goal is to use MI.

--
Nick                                           http://users.snap.net.nz/~nickrob