Re: "emacs -nw" in putty, the utf8 chinese file is unreadable code

From: Colin S. Miller
Subject: Re: "emacs -nw" in putty, the utf8 chinese file is unreadable code
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 23:59:41 +0000

Lennart Borgman wrote:
On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 12:38 AM, Colin S. Miller

... or perhaps Emacs from a *NIX box (but maybe I have missed
something here?) ...

The OP mentioned PuTTY, which is a ssh client for MS Windows.
Thus I assumed he was logging into a remote (and thus *NIX) box
from a MS Windows box.

Colin S. Miller

--
Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters of the
hostname to reply.